Here you will find descriptions and details about your online application and the supporting materials you will need to submit to complete your application package. If you have any questions regarding the application documents or admission process, please contact our admissions team.
- Online application form (CEU charges an application fee of 30 EUR)
- A professional resume / CV
- A copy of undergraduate diploma and transcripts
- A statement of purpose (essay)
- Two reference letters
- GMAT or GRE score report (or confirmation of registration date), where applicable
- English Language Proficiency/TOEFL or equivalent exam score report (or confirmation of TOEFL registration date)
Online Application Form
The first step of our application process is to submit a completed application form, along with supporting documentation.
Accelerated One-year MBA application form
Please note that all application materials must be submitted online with the online application form (with the exception of letters of recommendation, which may be mailed). With technical problems, bugs or errors related to the online application forms please contact the CEU IT Help Desk.
Send your application only once you have made sure it is 100% final and complete. You cannot edit an application after it has been submitted, and we do not accept materials sent in alternative ways. (This may mean you may need to work longer on your application, but that is not a problem as long as you meet the deadline.)
You can track your progress and learn the outcome of your application by checking your online application form.
CEU does not return application documents, or copies thereof under any circumstances.
CEU charges an application fee of 30 EUR. For more information, please see below.
Your resume should include details of your full and part-time employment record, including the nature of the work and responsibilities and the evolution of your professional activities.
Our full-time MBA program requires a minimum of three years of full-time work experience and our Executive MBA program requires five.
Your online application must include a scanned image of
- an official English version OR translation of your full bachelor's transcript (transcript = an official report supplied by a school on the record of an individual student, listing subjects studied and grades received), including an explanation of the grading system, and
- an official English version OR translation of your bachelor's diploma.
- An official English translation bears the stamp and signature of a sworn translator or an authorized official of the institution that has issued the original. It should contain the stamp and signature on each page or over a folded and fastened corner of the document, and include a statement of authenticity in English.
- Candidates in the process of completing a degree program must upload an interim transcript and, in place of the diploma, a certificate of enrollment confirming their student status and, if possible, stating their expected date of graduation.
- Candidates who can download a full (though unofficial) transcript from the relevant university website may upload it to the online application in lieu of requesting a hard copy version.
- Candidates having completed their degree program and having yet to receive their diploma must upload a certificate of graduation.
- Candidates who have taken courses at more than one institution as part of their degree program need to submit an official transcript from each school, unless the transfer credits are listed in detail (course names, credits, grades) on their final transcript.
- Candidates applying for a one-year Master's program at CEU that have earned a three-year undergraduate degree and have completed or are, at the time of application, completing a Master's program at another university must submit their Master's transcript (and diploma, if already available) in addition to their Bachelor's transcript and diploma.
- The official "Diploma Supplement" issued by European institutions is not valid without an official copy (and translation if applicable) of the diploma.
Statement of Purpose (Essay)
Your required essay should explain your motivation for applying to the program. It should be no longer than two pages.
You must submit two letters of recommendation from professors or professional supervisors who are familiar with your academic and/or professional abilities and character. The letters should be in English, and assess your ability to conduct graduate level work and your potential for a successful professional career. Candidates need to register the referees in the relevant section of the online application form. Referees will receive an automated message containing a link to the referee section AFTER the candidate successfully submits the application form, and will have 7 days to complete the recommendation form/upload the recommendation (the link to the referee section expires after 7 days following receipt of the automated email).
Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) General Test Score
The GMAT is an admission requirement for our graduate programs. As the GMAT is one of several criteria we use when assessing an applicant's suitability, the acceptable score is considered in relation to the assessment of the other criteria. However, as a general rule, the higher the GMAT score, the better the chance of being admitted. The average GMAT score for the last cohort of our MBA students was 610.
As an alternative for the GMAT, we also accept the GRE General Test.
You must forward your test results to CEU Business School (GMAT institutional code: 0203, GRE institutional code: 7723).
In exceptional circumstances, applicants who meet all of the following key requirements may be considered for a GMAT waiver from the Admissions Committee:
1. Have at least:
a) 10 years of successful management experience in business demonstrating a career progression; OR
b) 7 years of successful management experience in business demonstrating a career progression and hold another master’s or PhD degree from a reputable institution; AND
2. Be at least 30 years of age at the start of the program they are applying for; AND
3. Fully meet all other necessary admission requirements.
English Language Proficiency
You must demonstrate proficiency in English to be considered for admission to one of our programs by submitting standardized English language test scores, e.g., the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or one of the substitute tests listed below.
If your first language is English, you will likely be exempted from this requirement. You may also be exempted if:
- You are a current or a former CEU student
- You have obtained a bachelor's or a master's degree taught exclusively in English
To be exempted from the English language proficiency requirement, you must include a written request as part of the application package. Decisions regarding exemptions are at the discretion of the admissions committee.
Students taking TOEFL should request a copy of their results to be sent to the CEU Business School's Admissions Office. (CEU Business School’s institution code is 0203.) Other substitute tests of the English language are as follows:
- TOEFL - PBT (Paper-based) - Valid for 2 years - Minimum score required: 570
- TOEFL - iBT (Internet-based) - Valid for 2 years - Minimum score requred: 88
- IELTS (International English Language Test) - Valid for 2 years - Minimum score required: 6.5
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) - Minimum score required: 59
- Cambridge Proficiency Examination - Valid for 5 years - Minimum score required: C
- Cambridge Advanced English Test - Valid for 5 years - Minimum score required: B
The Business School organizes institutional TOEFL exams on a regular basis. More information is available here.
CEU charges a one-time application fee of EUR 30 for each candidate irrespective of the number of programs applied to in the given admissions cycle. The application fee is non-refundable: all applicants are subject to submit this fee regardless of nationality or financial status. The fee must be paid when the first application is submitted in the given admission cycle.
- The fee should be paid by bank card via the CEU payment gateway(secure payment).
- No other ways of payment are available.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please go to the FAQ page, and feel free to contact us.
CEU Business School, Admissions Office
Nádor u. 9.
1051 Budapest, Hungary
Tel: +36 1 887 5111