08:30 - 09:30
Frankel Leó 30-34.
CEO and CO-FOUNDER of PREZI
Peter Arvai is the CEO and co-founder of Prezi a cloud-based presentation software company. As an entrepreneur, he founded omvard.se in Sweden, and co-founded Prezi along with other two co-founders Adam Somlai-Fischer, a designer and Peter "HP" Halacsy, a computer scientist and university professor. He won the Europioneers – Web Entrepreneur of the year in 2014 and the The Europas Awards for the best (co-)founders and have been named as one of the New Europe challengers.
He was born and raised in Karlskoga, Sweden on October 26,1979 from Hungarian parents. He lived and worked in Budapest,Tokyo, Stockholm, Singapore and San Francisco. Peter Arvai attended Stockholm University in 2001 and graduated with a Masters in Business Administration in 2006. During his time at Stockholm University, Arvai participated in the 12 month Vulcanus in Japan programme, established by the EU and the Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry. During this time he studied Japanese and completed a training program at Fuji Xerox in Japan. As part of his business program, Arvai studied economics in Singapore for an exchange semester. Arvai was one of the first batch of students to attend newly introduced Master in Media Technology and Engineering program (1999-2005) in Royal Institute of Technology's. After graduating Arvai co-founded the program's alumni group.
Awards and Nominations
- Europioneers - Web Entrepreneur of the year, Dublin, 2014
- The Europas - Best co-founders of the year, 2014 London
- The Business Achievement Award, Swedish Chamber of
- Commerce, 2013 Best Local Radio Program, Sweden, 2003
- Scholarship, Sweden Japan Foundation, 1999
- PC Magazine Top 100 Websites of 2012
- TIME Magazine's 50 Best Websites 2012
- European Business Awards,National Finalist 2012/13
- Best of Elearning! 2012 Award Winner
- Deloitte Fast 50 “Rising Star”, Award Winner 2011
- Winner of European Seal of e-Excellence Platinum Award 2010
Prezi is a cloud-based presentation platform that helps you connect more powerfully with your audience. Unlike slides,
Prezi’s open, zoomable canvas lets you show relationships between the big picture and fine details, putting your ideas
in context. Your message is more likely to resonate, motivate, and be remembered. Founded in 2009, and with offices
in San Francisco and Budapest, Prezi now fosters an online community of over 50 million users and over 160 million
prezis around the world. There are currently more than 1 million Prezi users in Australia and New Zealand.