CEU Business School will not offer the Accelerated One-year MBA program in 2017.
Candidates to the program must have:
- A bachelor's (or higher) degree in any field from a reputable institution
- At least 3 years of full-time work experience
- Strong command of English, demonstrated by your TOEFL (or equivalent tests) score. The TOEFL requirement is typically waived for native speakers of English and for students who completed their bachelor's degree solely in English.
- A competitive GMAT or GRE score. Although we do not have a minimum score, your classmates will typically range between mid-500s and mid-700s, with many having scored above 600. Although the GMAT is only one of several admission criteria, a high score will increase your chances of being admitted significantly. The GMAT requirement can be waived for very experienced business professionals.
The admission process consists of three stages:
- Submitting your application
- Admission decision/offer
Stage One: Submitting Your Application
Your application consists of an application form and supporting documentation. Your application will not be evaluated until you have submitted all of the required documents. You will need the following items, all of which can be submitted online:
- A professional resume/CV
- A copy of undergraduate diploma and transcripts
- A statement of purpose (essay)
- Two reference letters (may be mailed instead)
- GMAT or GRE Score report (or confirmation of registration date), where applicable
- TOEFL or equivalent exam score report (or confirmation of TOEFL registration date)
Please save the email confirmation you receive when you submit your application, along with other admission correspondence for future reference. You can track the review process of your application on the online system.
CEU charges an application fee of 30 EUR.
Go to our Application Checklist for descriptions of supporting documentation.
We follow a rolling admissions model, meaning that we evaluate and decide on applications as we receive them. Thus, you are encouraged to apply as soon as you have prepared a high-quality application package to ensure that your spot in the upcoming class is saved.
Students who need a visa for Hungary should plan accordingly and contact the Hungarian Embassy in or close to their city to find out about visa requirements. This process typically takes 4 to 8 weeks.
Stage Two: Interview and Evaluation
After we receive your completed application, we will contact you to schedule an admission interview either in Budapest, at a location in another country, or by telephone if necessary. After the interview, you will be considered for admission on the basis of past academic achievement, length and nature of work experience, strength of recommendations, English language competency, GMAT or GRE score, and general compatibility with the goals of the program.
Stage Three: Decision
Applicants who have successfully passed the evaluation stage will receive an admission offer from CEU Business School. Students will be conditionally admitted until they provide the following within the deadline indicated in their admission offer:
- A non-refundable payment of 1,000 EUR to secure your place. The payment is considered the 1st installment of your tuition.
- Official GMAT or GRE score report
- Official TOEFL score report (or any other accepted language certificate)
- An official copy of the diploma in the original language with the ink stamp and signature of a notary public or an authorized university official, and an official English translation of it.
- An official copy of the transcript in the original language with the ink stamp and signature of a notary public or an authorized university official, and an official English translation of it. A transcript is an official report supplied by a school on the record of an individual student, listing subjects studied and grades received.