Here you will find descriptions and details about your online application and the supporting materials you will need to submit to complete your application package. If you have any questions regarding the application documents or admission process, please contact our admissions team.
- Online application form for September 2017 (full-time)
- Online application form for September 2017 (part-time)
- A professional resume / CV
- A copy of undergraduate diploma and transcripts
- A statement of purpose (essay)
- Two reference letters
- GMAT or GRE score report (or confirmation of registration date), where applicable
- English Language Proficiency/TOEFL or equivalent exam score report (or confirmation of TOEFL registration date)
- Application Fee of EUR 30 (for full-time program)
Online Application Form
The first step of our application process is to submit a completed application form, along with supporting documentation.
Please note that all application materials must be submitted online with the online application form (with the exception of letters of recommendation, which may be mailed). Should you have any questions or issues regarding the application form, check the CEU Online Application Form FAQ's.
Send your application only once you have made sure it is 100% final and complete. You cannot edit an application after it has been submitted, and we do not accept materials sent in alternative ways. (This may mean you may need to work longer on your application, but that is not a problem as long as you meet the deadline.)
You can track your progress and learn the outcome of your application by checking your online application form.
CEU does not return application documents, or copies thereof under any circumstances.
Your resume should include details of your full and part-time employment record, including the nature of the work and responsibilities and the evolution of your professional activities.
Undergraduate Degree Diploma and Transcripts
Applicants must possess an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution, comparable to an approved U.S. bachelor's degree. The degree must be in business, economics, statistics, computer science, engineering. mathematics, social sciences, the physical sciences or other quantitative-oriented fields. If you have a bachelor's and a master's degree, please submit your bachelor's (first) degree.
CEU Business School requires certified copies of your diploma and transcripts (academic records that show courses taken and grades achieved, broken down by academic year and/or semester of study) in original language, accompanied by official English translations.
For the evaluation of the application, you should upload a scanned copy of an official English translation of their diploma and transcripts to the online application system. If you are accepted into the program, you must submit certified copies and official translations to the Admissions Office by the deadline specified in your Offer Letter.
A certified copy:
- Bears an ink stamp and a signature by an authorized university official, or by a public notary; and
- Contains the stamp and signature on each page or over a folded fastened corner of the document.
An official translation:
- Bears the ink stamp and a signature of a sworn translator or an authorized official of the institution that issued the original;
- Contains the stamp and signature on each page or over a folded fastened corner of the document; and
- Includes a statement of authenticity on the last page.
You must ensure that EITHER the stamp OR the signature is in color (black ink is not acceptable).
For more information about the official academic records requirement, please go to the main CEU website.
Statement of Purpose (Essay)
Your required essay should explain your motivation for applying to the program. It should be no longer than two pages.
You must submit two letters of recommendation from professors or professional supervisors who are familiar with your academic and/or professional abilities and character. The letters should assess your ability to conduct graduate level work and your potential for a successful professional career. The letters should be in English, and the recommenders should send them directly via Embark's online recommendation form by the same deadline as the application itself. The application form will guide you through the process of setting up your recommenders to submit their letters. For assistance with the form, please go here.
We strongly encourage the online submission of recommendation letters because recommendations sent by postal mail are often delayed, misdelivered, or lost in transit. Also, they take longer to process even if received in time. If you send your recommendation letters by mail, please keep in mind that they must be received by CEU by the same deadline as the application itself and that CEU does not accept letters of recommendation whose contents are known by the candidates concerned.
CEU Business School
Nádor u. 9.
1051 Budapest, Hungary
Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) General Test Score or CEU-administered Mathematics Test
The GMAT is an admission requirement for our Accelerated One-year MBA and Master's programs. As the GMAT is one of several criteria we use when assessing an applicant's suitability, the acceptable score is considered in relation to the assessment of the other criteria. However, as a general rule, the higher the GMAT score, the better the chance of being admitted.
As an alternative for the GMAT, we also accept the GRE General Test, or a CEU-administered Mathematics Test.
You must forward your test results to CEU Business School (GMAT institutional code: 0203, GRE institutional code: 7723).
CEU Business School organizes CEU-administered Mathematics Tests on a regular basis. If you want to register for the exam, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in order to take the exam, you must have already submitted your application to the MSc in Business Analytics program. More information: email@example.com.
In exceptional circumstances, applicants who meet all of the following key requirements may be considered for a GMAT waiver from the Admissions Committee:
- Have a bachelor's (or higher) degree from a reputable institution in business, economics, statistics, computer science, engineering. mathematics, social sciences, the physical sciences or other quantitative-oriented fields.
- Have at least 5 years of successful management experience in business demonstrating a career progression.
- Be at least 30 years of age at the start of the program.
- Fully meet all other necessary admission requirements.
English Language Proficiency
You must demonstrate proficiency in English to be considered for admission to one of our programs by submitting standardized English language test scores, e.g., the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or one of the substitute tests listed below.
If your first language is English, you will likely be exempted from this requirement. You may also be exempted if:
- You are a current or a former CEU student
- You have obtained a bachelor's or a master's degree taught exclusively in English
To be exempted from the English language proficiency requirement, you must include a written request as part of the application package. Decisions regarding exemptions are at the discretion of the admissions committee.
Students taking TOEFL should request a copy of their results to be sent to the CEU Business School's Admissions Office. (CEU Business School’s institution code is 0203.) Other substitute tests of the English language are as follows:
- TOEFL - PBT (Paper-based) - Valid for 2 years - Minimum score required: 570
- TOEFL - iBT (Internet-based) - Valid for 2 years - Minimum score requred: 88
- IELTS (International English Language Test) - Valid for 2 years - Minimum score required: 6.5
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) - Minimum score required: 59
- Cambridge Proficiency Examination - Valid for 5 years - Minimum score required: C
- Cambridge Advanced English Test - Valid for 5 years - Minimum score required: B
CEU Business School organizes Institutional TOEFL tests in Budapest on a regular basis.
CEU charges a one-time application fee of EUR 30 for each candidate irrespective of the number of programs applied to in the given admissions cycle. The application fee is non-refundable: all applicants are subject to submit this fee regardless of nationality or financial status. The fee must be paid when the first application is submitted in the given admission cycle.
- The fee is charged only for full-time programs.
- The fee should be paid by bank card via the CEU payment gateway (secure payment).
- No other ways of payment are available.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please feel free to contact us.
CEU Business School, Admissions Office
Nádor u. 9.
1051 Budapest, Hungary
Tel: +36 1 887 5111