MSc in Finance application forms:
Entry in January 2017: Late admission for A1MBA and Katalyst EMBA students and alumni
Entry in September 2017: Apply here to enter full-time or Apply here to enter part-time
Early deadline February 1, 2017, general deadline June 30, 2017
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
- A bachelor's (or higher) degree in any field of study from a reputable institution
- A strong command of English demonstrated by a competitive TOEFL or equivalent test score, if applicable
- Good fundamental skills demonstrated by at least one of the following, if applicable:
- a competitive score on CEU's online mathematics test
- a competitive GMAT or GRE score
- CFA (min. levels 1-2) or ACCA (min. levels 1-8) exams.
The English proficiency test requirement may be waived for natives speakers, and candidates who have completed a bachelor's (or higher) degree in English. CEU organizes Institutional TOEFL tests in Budapest on a regular basis.
CEU's online mathematics test may be taken by appointment after we have received your application. The test requirement may be waived for experienced business professionals. Go to the Application Checklist for possible exemptions.
- Submitting the MSc in Finance application
- Interview and online mathematics test, if applicable
- Admission decision
Your application consists of:
- Application form for January 2017 / September 2017 (full-time) / September 2017 (part-time)
- Professional resume/CV
- Statement of purpose
- Copies of bachelor's (or higher) degree diploma and transcripts (or confirmation of expected date of receipt)
- Two reference letters (sent directly by your referees)
- TOEFL or equivalent test score report (or confirmation of registration date), if applicable
- GMAT/GRE score report or CFA/ACCA exam reports (or confirmation of registration date), if applicable
We can start processing your application once you have submitted your application form, CV, and statement of purpose. For any outstanding documents please upload a Word document stating the expected date of receipt.
Go to the Application Checklist for requirements, possible exemptions and descriptions of supporting documentation.
Please save the email confirmation you receive when you submit your application, along with other admission correspondence for future reference. You can track the review process of your application on the online system.
CEU charges an application fee of EUR 30 (full-time applicants only).
After we have received your completed application, we will contact you to schedule an admission interview either in person, by video call or by telephone call. The interview will typically be conducted by MSc in Finance Faculty Director Peter Szilagyi.
The online mathematics test may be taken by appointment after we have received your application. It is conducted via video call. For sample questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be considered for admission on the basis of past academic achievement, English competency, mathematics test or GMAT/GRE score if applicable, strength of recommendations, and general compatibility with the program.
Applicants who have successfully passed the evaluation stage will receive an admission offer. Students will be conditionally admitted until they have provided the following within the deadline indicated in the admission offer:
- A non-refundable payment of EUR 1,000 to secure your place, considered the first installment of your tuition fee
- TOEFL or equivalent test score report
- GMAT/GRE score report or CFA/ACCA exam reports, if applicable
- an official copy of your bachelor's (or higher) degree diploma with the ink stamp and signature of a notary public or an authorized university official, and an official English translation if applicable
- an official copy of your transcript in the original language with the ink stamp and signature of a notary public or an authorized university official, and an official English translation if applicable. A transcript is an official report supplied by your school on your studies, including subjects studied and grades received.