14:30 - 16:00
Fővám tér 8.
The Third Entrepreneurship Summit:
What is Success? - Discover Your Own Way!
Why do only some entrepreneurs succeed?
- What are you born with?
- What can you learn…from school..from success, from failure?
- What can you acquire?
99% of the population is working for and implementing the ideas of entrepreneurs, but how do we explore the 1%, the entrepreneurship in ourselves? There are various ways to recognize the demand and needs for other people, which we may satisfy by presenting a better solution, but are we brave and persistent enough to march the long way from an idea to implementation and from failures to success? Can we become entrepreneurs from school or do we need work experience as the guild apprentices to explore our abilities?
The event will be held in English. / A rendezvény nyelve angol, tolmácsolás nélkül.
Date: Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Venue: Budapest Corvinus University, IV. Auditorium (1093 Budapest, Fővám tér 8.)
Participation Fee: There is no participation fee for Members and Non-members.
Registration: 08:30 - 09:00; Time: 09:00 - 15:00
- Please register at email@example.com. Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please send your name and the name of your company/organization/school in your registration email.
- In case of questions please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
09:00-09:05 Welcome Notes by Mrs. Zita Paprika, Dean, Budapest Corvinus University
09:05-09:10 Opening Remarks by William Benkő, President, AmCham Hungary
09:15-09:25 Opening Remarks by André Goodfriend, Chargé d’Affairs, US Embassy
09:25-09:45 Keynote Speech :Being an entrepreneur -Personal story on who and what helped by Robert Mitchell, VP of business development and strategic partnerships, Crowdfund Capital Advisors
09:45-10:05 First Case Study by Balogh Péter, founder and CEO, NNG
10:05-11:00 First Roundtable Discussion: Entreprenuership in Hungary and around the globe.
Moderator: László Czirják, Co-Founder and Partner, iEurope Group; Chair, AmCham
Governance and Transparency Committee
- Péter Balogh, founder and CEO, NNG
- Margaret Dezse, Partner, Transaction Advisory Services, EY
- Robert Mitchell, VP of business development and strategic partnerships, Crowdfund Capital Advisors
- Ádám Székely, CEO, Infogroup Menedzsment
- Think globally from the beginning.
- How to tackle Hungarian entrepreneurs’ efficiency/capacity/knowledge/experience problems, what they can learn from their US/ international peers?
11:00-11:20 Coffee Break
Introductory remarks by dr. Andrea Jádi Németh, Managing Partner, bpv Jádi Németh Attorneys at Law
11:20-11:40 Second Case Study by Ádám Somlai-Fischer, Principal Artist and Cofounder, Prezi
11:40-12:35 Second Roundtable Discussion: How to emerge from academia to entrepreneurship?
- Zoltán Tóth, Member of the Board and Investment Committee, Euroventures
- József BERECZ Dr., Managing Director, DBH Investment
- Tamás BENE Dr., Director, Techtransfer Office Debrecen University
- Tímea Molnár Dr., Innovation Manager, Techtransfer Office, Pécs University
- Attila ERDŐS Dr., CEO, Humeltis Ltd.
- Ádám SOMLAI-FISCHER, Principal Artist and Cofounder of Prezi
- University Spin-offs /Incubation/;
- Preconditions for an inspiring environment;
- Success stories;
- What tools academia can give to entrepreneurship or start spin offs;
- Can you teach entrepreneurship?
- How to change the current ecosystem in Hungary;
- Toolkits and cooperation between academia and business;
12:35-13:35 Lunch Break
Introductory remarks by Mel Horwitch, Dean, CEU Business School
13:35-13:55 Keynote Speech by Kevin J. Aspegren, President, American University in Bulgaria;General Partner, Chastain Holdings, LLC :
Do you have what it takes to be an entrepreneur?
13:55-14:50 Third Roundtable Discussion: Career paths to entrepreneurship
Moderator: Előd Solti, Managing Partner, Solti & Partners Consulting, AmCham-HVCA “Start your business” program leader
- Kevin J. Aspegren, President, American University in Bulgaria
- Gergely Kiss, founder & CEO, Attrecto Zrt.
- Dr. Péter Garancsi, Partner, bpv Jádi Németh Attorneys at Law
- Virág Vig, Desingner, Founder of http://virivee.com
- Find focus first, then discover your own way!
- See how smart entrepreneurs have built their businesses with different career paths.
- Is it a requirement to go global?
- How multinationals support entrepreneurship in Hungary (both inside and outside their organizations)?
14:50-15:00 Wrap-up roundtable by the moderators and closing remarks